One of the most monumental Water Falls in the world, the Iguazu Falls, is a top destination in South America. After enjoying the great power of nature that shows Iguazu Falls, we will spend some days birding and wildlife watching at two important Atlantic Forest Reserves of Paraguay, Mbaracayu Biosphere Reserve and Itabó Reserve. Two of the most important ecorregions of the world are the highlights of this tour: Atlantic Forest & Cerrado.
N° of birds expected: 140 – 200 species.
Ecosystems: Atlantic Forest & Cerrado
Target birds:, White-winged Nightjar, Black-fronted Piping-Guan (Yacutinga), Vinaceous Amazon, Spot-billed Toucanet, Helmeted Woodpecker, Bare-throated Bellbird, Swallow-tailed Manakin, White-bearded Manakin, Marsh Seedeater and Chestnut Seedeater.
Target mammals: Azara`s Agouti, South American Coati, Crab-eating Fox & Tayra.
- Day 1: Participants arrive at Silvio Pettirossi International Airport, 10 km from Asunción, lodging at an Asunción Hotel.
- Day 2: Leaving Asunción. Optional visit to Iguazu Dam (if participants wish to).
- Day 3: Full day at Iguazu Falls (visa required for some citizenships).
- Day 4: Morning at Iguazu Falls. Pm: drive to Itabo Reserve.
- Day 5: Morning at Itabo Reserve. Pm: drive to Mbaracayu Biosphere Reserve.
- Day 6: Full day birding at Aguara Ñu, east of Mbaracayu.
- Day 7: Morning birding at Jejui Mi. Pm: return to Asunción.
Tour price per person: € 970 or US$ 1,100 (minimum three people)
Less than 3 people, the price per person is
Single supplement: € 260 or US$ 300.
* Prices for tours on other dates are the same as posted here, depending on the number of people involved. If you are interested in other dates, please contact us so that we can look for other people interested in doing the same route on the dates you requested!
The price for this tour includes:
- Pick up and return to Silvio Pettirossi Airport
- Accomodation in double rooms
- All meals
- Guiding fees
Contact us for more information. Skype: wildlifeparaguay